SSTI Webinars are a great way to keep up on the major issues and initiatives impacting technology-based economic development. The live interactive webinars provide a convenient and cost-effective platform to learn about new approaches and tools that can help you in your work. This informative and educational webinar series is hosted by SSTI staff, thought leaders and colleagues from around the country with relevant experience and knowledge.
What to Expect
- In-depth examinations of current state and regional approaches to financing startup companies, crowdfunding and commercializing university research, among others;
- Strategies for successful economic transformation through intelligent, strategic investments in tech-based economic development; and,
- Stimulating dialogue and thought-provoking exchange among your peers from across the country.
Community colleges as drivers of entrepreneurship
Thursday, April 20 @ 3 p.m. EDT | Register
Regional innovation economies thrive when a variety of institutions promote entrepreneurship. Community colleges are often recognized for their contributions to workforce development but can be overlooked as supporters for startups and entrepreneurs. This joint webinar between SSTI and NACCE will focus on Iowa’s approach to regional innovation, which incorporates the state, industry, universities and community colleges as key partners for a thorough approach to entrepreneurial development. Join us to learn about the Hawkeye state and to discuss tools you can apply to your own region or institution.
- Tim Putnam, director, Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center at North Iowa Area Community College
- Laura Stein, vice president, Iowa Innovation Corp.
- Daniel Winegarden, director of business acceleration, NIACC John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center at North Iowa Area Community College
Date: Thursday, April 20
Time: 3 p.m. EDT
Cost: Free to SSTI & NACCE members and non-members
* SSTI members receive at least one free webinar per year. Contact Jason Rittenberg (firstname.lastname@example.org | 614-901-1690) to access your complimentary registration.