SSTI Webinars are a great way to keep up on the major issues and initiatives impacting technology-based economic development. The live interactive webinars provide a convenient and cost-effective platform to learn about new approaches and tools that can help you in your work. This informative and educational webinar series is hosted by SSTI staff, thought leaders and colleagues from around the country with relevant experience and knowledge.
What to Expect
- In-depth examinations of current state and regional approaches to financing startup companies, crowdfunding and commercializing university research, among others;
- Strategies for successful economic transformation through intelligent, strategic investments in tech-based economic development; and,
- Stimulating dialogue and thought-provoking exchange among your peers from across the country.
Creating a Better Future Awards: Learn how to craft an award-winning application
Monday, April 24 @ 3:30 p.m. EDT | Register
For extra help in crafting an award-winning application for SSTI's 2017 Creating a Better Future Awards, register for an informational call with SSTI President and CEO Dan Berglund to gain valuable insight on the program and helpful hints on writing an outstanding application.
The program will recognize outstanding initiatives that are working to create a better future through science, technology, innovation and entrepreneurship. Awards will be made to initiatives in five broad categories:
- Most Promising Initiative Award;
- Creating a Better Future by Supporting & Converting Research;
- Creating a Better Future through Entrepreneurship & Capital;
- Creating a Better Future through Competitive Industries; and,
- Creating a Better Future through Economic Opportunity.
Deadline for applications is May 26 at 5 p.m. EDT. Learn more at: sstiawards.org.
Date: Monday, April 24
Time: 3:30 p.m. EDT
Cost: Free to SSTI members and non-members
* SSTI members receive at least one free webinar per year. Contact Jason Rittenberg (email@example.com | 614-901-1690) to access your complimentary registration.