As your advocate for improving local, state and regional economies, SSTI provides you with funding opportunities, timely information on how states and communities are investing in science, technology and innovation, customized technical assistance, and the latest news affecting the tech-based economic development community. Join or renew today!
The following table provides an overview of the most popular benefits of SSTI membership by member level.
(Budget $1M or more)
(Budget under $1M)
|Customized Technical Assistance Hours||25||10||0|
|Funding Supplement Subscriptions||Unlimited||Unlimited||12|
|Free SSTI Inspiring Thought Webinars||2||2||1|
|Complimentary Awards Applications||1||1||0|
|National Event Promotion||Yes||Yes|
|Invitation to Exclusive Dinner||Yes||Yes|
|Access to Member Listserv||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Conference Agenda Input||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Unlimited Job & RFP Postings||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Listing on SSTI Website & Publications||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Annual dues for the organization||$5,000||$2,000||$750|
Membership Benefits Descriptions
- Customized Technical Assistance — Customized technical assistance on research/analysis, strategic planning/peer review, advocacy/education projects. State and Sustaining members only.
- Funding Supplement Subscriptions — The Funding Supplement is a member-only electronic publication that provides readers with application information, eligibility criteria and submission deadlines for hundreds of funding opportunities offered by the federal government, foundations and others.
- SSTI Inspiring Thought Webinars — SSTI hosts Inspiring Thought webinars focused on topics of current importance to the innovation ecosystem community. Members receive a number of complimentary registrations per year and reduced registration for additional events.
- Awards Application — State and Sustaining members receive a complimentary application for the SSTI Excellence in TBED Awards program while Affiliate and Supporter members receive a discounted fee.
- National Event Promotion — Exclusive opportunity to promote your event via SSTI's weekly national newsletter, providing valuable exposure and immediate access to the nation's technology-based economic development community. State and Sustaining members only.
- State and Sustaining Dinner — An opportunity to relax and connect privately with other State and Sustaining Members and VIPs attending the annual conference.
- Member Listserv — SSTI members want to connect with other members, and the member-only listserv is a valuable resource to better facilitate the exchange of ideas and expertise.
- Conference Agenda Input — The chance to help shape the agenda at SSTI's Annual Conference by suggesting and rating session ideas.
- Unlimited Job and RFP Postings — SSTI members can place an unlimited number of job openings or RFP (and RFQ, FRI, etc.) on SSTI's Job Corner, and each posting will also appear once in the SSTI Digest.
- Access to TBED Consultant Listing — Through recommendations from SSTI members and staff, SSTI provides an unendorsed listing of technology-based economic development consultants in the field.
- Public Profile — Acknowledgement of membership status on the SSTI website and in publications that include a list of members.
- Member-Only Discounts — SSTI members enjoy significant discounts on registrations for the annual conference, webinars and SSTI Excellence in TBED Award program.
- SSTI Digest — SSTI's weekly electronic newsletter provides readers with valuable, timely information on critical issues affecting the tech-based economic development community. Available to SSTI members as well as the general public. Subscribe Today!
Join SSTI today. Together we can have the greatest impact on developing policies and administering programs that enhance our community.
Membership is for the entire organization and based on a 12-month rolling cycle.
- State Member, $5,000 — Open to state science and technology programs with annual budgets in excess of $1 million.
- State Member, $2,000 — Open to state science and technology programs with annual budgets below $1 million.
- Sustaining Member, $2,000 — Open to Affiliate and Supporter organizations that would like to receive additional benefits, exclusive invitations to networking events and personalized technical assistance hours.
- Affiliate Member, $750 — Open to local and regional tech-based economic development programs, universities, trade associations, tech councils, incubators, manufacturing extension centers, research parks, and other tech-based economic development groups providing services to companies.
- Supporter Benefits, $750 — Open to for-profit and consulting organizations, retired persons or individuals who are employed outside of the tech-based economic development field, and all other groups interested in tech-based economic development. This category is open to individuals who are not employed or actively involved with a technology-based organization and want to stay involved with SSTI. If the individual's status changes, the individual must transfer the membership to the appropriate organizational membership and category.
Other Ways to Get Involved
In addition to (or instead of) joining SSTI as a member, organizations can become engaged in the SSTI community through any of the following events, resources and services. For paid activities, contact us for combined or discounted invoicing.
- SSTI's Annual Conference — Each year, SSTI hosts an event with people who are shaping the nation’s innovation ecosystems to focus on best practices and current issues affecting the community. Organizations can participate as attendees or sponsors, if they wish to gain exposure with this core audience of national policymakers and practitioners. Learn more at ssticonference.org.
- Innovation Advocacy Council — The SSTI community's voice in Washington, DC for issues related to science, technology, innovation and entrepreneurship. Organizations can sponsor or participate in Capitol Hill events and sign onto letters of support. View SSTI's federal policy page for more information.
- SSTI Inspiring Thought Webinars — SSTI hosts Inspiring Thought webinars focused on topics of current importance to the innovation community.
- SSTI Digest — SSTI's weekly electronic newsletter provides readers with valuable, timely information on critical issues affecting the innovation community. Subscribe Today!